Sunday 15 January 2017

Tips to stay healthy in 2017


January is one of the worst months for trying to stay healthy, as we all still have chocolate and treats leftover from Christmas, and lets be honest most people have January Blues following the festive period.

I've put together a few tips which are helping me stay on the bandwagon and get fit in 2017. I've got no excuses this year, as we're getting married in September and every bride wants to look their best on their big day!

Clean out your cupboards
Start off by cleaning out your cupboards, get rid off all the unhealthy treats and replace with healthy snacks like nuts, berries and fruits. Like they say out of sight, out of mind.

Food prep
Food prep is major factor when trying to eat healthier. If you don't prep your meals in advance or plan your menu for the week ahead, you'll end up grabbing what is most convenient, which is usually junk food or takeaways.
Every Sunday evening I spend a hour or so bulk preping all our breakfast, lunches and snacks for the week ahead, so we know exactly what we're eating and when. This also makes my morning rush a lot easier!


Eat your greens
I know everyone says it, but eating your greens really does work wonders for your health. Greens are high in iron and vitamins, so you'll find you'll have more energy, clear skin, strong nails and glossy hair.

An easy way of eating more greens is sticking a handful of spinach or kale in your morning smoothie. This also works a treat if your not to keen on the taste, as the rest of the ingredients in your smoothie will help mask the taste.

Drink more water
Our bodies are composed of approximately 55- 80% water, depending on our size. The amount of water we drink each plays a huge role in maintaining a healthy body. There are so many health benefits of drinking enough water including improving our mood, reducing tiredness, decreasing cravings, flushing out toxins, helping digestion and aiding weight lost!

It is recommended that we should aim to drink at least 2 litres of water a day, which is something I really struggle with as I often forget to drink. So I started the year by buying a new water bottle to help me track exactly what I drink, and I'd recommend you do the same.

If you don't particular like the taste of water, try drinking green tea or hot water with lemon instead.

Lastly get active!
There's no need to sign up to a gym or go on millions of runs a day to get more active, you can simply change the little things to make a great difference. Take the stairs instead of the lift, if you can walk instead of jumping in your car, and just generally move more. I aim to do at least 10,000 steps a day, which is about 5 miles.


I use the Lifelog app to keep track of my fitness through out the day, I find this really motivates me to get up and move more- even if it is just walking to the kettle! There are loads of different fitness app, trackers and bands on the market, and it is definitely worth getting one.

How are you staying healthy this year?

AJ x

P.S. As you can probably tell I'm new to bloging, so would really appreciate any feedback :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig